What the OeNB Test Center does
The OeNB Test Center tests
- Cash authentication devices with and without counting capability,
- Customer-operated machines,
- Staff-operated machines, and
- Coin counting and sorting machines
The Test Center cooperates with international manufacturers, national agencies and the European Central Bank (ECB) in performing equipment tests.
- Equipment tests according to Eurosystem testing procedures (free of charge);
- Long-term tests of equipment that has passed the counterfeit detection test (free of charge);
- Tests of customer- and staff-operated machines (on the manufacturers’ premises);
- Equipment tests are evaluated and the results are published on the Internet;
- Euro banknote processing and recycling is monitored with a view to assessing the circulation quality of euro banknotes and initiating any measures that might be required to improve their quality.
Cooperation with international manufacturers, national agencies and the ECB
- The Test Center tests new banknote authentication sensor technology in cooperation with manufacturers;
- It cooperates with national authorities (e.g. the Federal Ministry of the Interior);
- It is represented in the ECB working groups tasked with banknote issues.