Banks that are OeNB counterparties may deposit credit claims (nonmarketable assets) with the OeNB as collateral for refinancing operations. Information on the relevant technical interface (in German) can be found in the Downloads section below. For further information, please follow the links provided below. If you are interested in mobilizing credit claims as collateral, please contact us via the e-mail link provided below.
Additional credit claims (ACCs)
Under the framework governing additional credit claims (ACCs), i.e. Guideline ECB/2014/31 (recast) as amended, the OeNB temporarily accepts nonmarketable assets that are not eligible as collateral under the Guideline on the implementation of the Eurosystem monetary policy framework (General Documentation Guideline, ECB/2014/60, recast, as amended).
General requirements for ACCs:
- The debtor or guarantor must be headquartered in Austria.
- The ACC must be subject to Austrian contract law.
The following types of credit claims are eligible as ACCs:
- credit claims with nonfinancial corporations whose probability of default over a one-year horizon does not exceed 1%;
- credit claims arising from loans
- that were granted as part of the COVID-19 response and
- that are guaranteed by Österreichische Hotel- und Tourismusbank GmbH (ÖHT).
Said guarantee must cover 100% of the credit claim and must be reported to the OeNB in line with OeNB reporting requirements.