Ensuring barrier-free access to its website is very important to the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB). We have followed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of the World Wide Web Consortium in designing our website and make an effort to continuously improve access and remove any remaining barriers.
To ensure web accessibility to the greatest extent possible, the OeNB has taken the following measures, among others:
- The website (including forms, etc.) can be navigated with a keyboard.
- High color contrast between the text and the background ensures improved readability.
- Responsive web design was used to permit optimal viewing irrespective of the device used and of sizing.
- Alternative text for images (“alt text”) was provided.
- Content was kept simple to read and understand and was meta-tagged for screen reader software and search engine spiders (location, contact data, dates, etc.).
- Content and presentation were separated. Layout was formatted using cascading style sheets (CSS layout); no tables were used for layout purposes.
Barrier-free access at the OeNB
All publicly accessible areas of the main building are barrier-free. Individual solutions are implemented for special-needs staff.
Disability representatives are available to answer any questions on working with disabilities; they may be contacted using the link provided below.