Access to OeNB Euro Survey data
Sharing OeNB Euro Survey data for external research projects is subject to specific conditions and follows a well-established procedure.
- The OeNB will send you the standard OeNB Euro Survey questionnaire to give you an overview of the available data and to help you select a set of variables.
- Moreover, the OeNB will ask you to submit a completed form providing
- an outline of the planned research project for which the OeNB Euro Survey data will be used,
- a list of the research questions to be analyzed,
- a tentative time schedule and
- a list of required variables.
- The OeNB will evaluate the research project proposal and the list of variables submitted.
- If the OeNB approves the research project and the list of variables, it will provide a customized dataset in STATA format.
Most OeNB Euro Survey data may be shared for external research projects, and data from all survey waves except the most recent wave can be made available. Data from the penultimate wave are made available upon request once the data quality check of the most recent wave is finalized (usually from May onward, i.e. wave 2018 is available from May 2020 onward). A few data series are not available because of ongoing in-house research projects or for reasons of confidentiality.
In addition to providing data for external research projects, the OeNB is also open to research cooperation between in-house economists and external researchers in research projects of mutual interest, provided that the OeNB has sufficient in-house capacities to join such common research efforts.